Falling for Fall
The older I get, the more I love fall.
At the height of summer, I dread the end of summer and the start of fall. But at some point during the month of August, my mind begins to accept the inevitable, and I start looking forward to the next season, decorating the inside of our home, and the sense of routine that fall brings. Slowly, I begin pulling out the old fall décor and looking at new and upcoming fall trends. I love changing décor in our home according to the seasons. Fall brings pumpkins, dried flowers, and candles into our home. I think these small changes can bring a sense of warm and cozy, which helps me come back inside after the busy outdoor months of summer.
I compiled a list of all the things I love about fall, clearly I love all things food and holidays!
- Fall Decorating!!!
- The trees exploding with bright reds, yellow, and orange leaves.
- Cool nights and warm days.
- Delicious crisp apples.
- Dried flowers.
- Watching Planes, Trains, & Automobiles [this is one of our favorite movies of all time!].
- Binging on Halloween candy.
- Snuggling a cold puppy.
- Going to the farm stand and picking out pumpkins and fall flowers to decorate the front door entry.
- Coming inside after a summer outside.
- Pulling out the warm, cozy sweaters and blankets.
- Comfort food [need I say more]!
- Watching football on a Sunday afternoon.
- Squash; Acorn, Butternut, Delicata, Spaghetti.
- Fall scented candles.
- Apple cider.
- Turning on the pellet stove and enjoying the warm glow of the fire.
- Pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice.
- A return to routine after a summer of non-routine.
Tell me how you decorate for fall and your favorite fall things!
Stay warm and cozy…
XO ~ Heidi