Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Soup
Slow cooker chicken & corn soup is the perfect blend of comforting chicken soup and creamy corn chowder. This recipe makes a hearty dinner for the family with plenty of leftovers for the week. The best part, the slow cooker does most of the work for you!
The chill of autumn has arrived in New England. It seems like all at once the air shifts from the warm, humid days of summer to the cool, brisk days of fall. I am always amazed at how this happens almost over night.
One of my favorite ways to warm up the family on these chilly autumn days (besides a blazing fire in the wood stove) is by serving a delicious, comforting soup for lunch or dinner. There is something about a hearty bowl of soup, stew, or chowder that not only warms the belly but the soul too.
This slow cooker soup will do just that. Slow cooker chicken & corn soup is creamy and delicious, packed with tender chunks of white meat chicken and loaded with vegetables. Perfect for filling hungry bellies.
As this slow cooker chicken & corn soup slowly cooks on the counter, your home will be filled with the most delicious aromas. When hubby comes through the door and says, “What is that amazing smell?”, you know you have a good recipe, right?!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Soup
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Clove of garlic
- Potatoes (I used gold but brown or red potatoes would work too.)
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 2 cans creamed corn
- Chicken broth
- Bay leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Cooked bacon
- Half & Half
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Soup
You are going to be amazed at how easy this soup is to make! After dicing and slicing the vegetables, everything is added to the slow cooker, which does most of the cooking for you.
To start, you will need a 6 quart slow cooker. This is a similar slow cooker to the one that I used for this soup recipe.
Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Then add peeled & diced carrots, thinly sliced leeks, potatoes cut into about 1″ sized pieces (I left the skin on), and the minced garlic.
Drain the can of green chilies, and add the drained chilies to the slow cooker along with the 2 cans of creamed corn.
Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. Throw in the bay leaves, then cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours (until the chicken is fully cooked).
Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken with two forks (either in the soup or remove to shred and add back to slower cooker).
Add the half & half, cooked bacon, parsley, chives, and salt & pepper (to taste) to the soup. Cook on low for another 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Garnishes for Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Soup
I like to sprinkle a little chopped bacon for crunch, chopped chives for freshness, and cracked black pepper for seasoning to the top of our slow cooker chicken & corn soup. This also adds a little pop of color to the creamy, white soup.
My family also likes to add shredded cheddar cheese and a few oyster crackers to their soups as well.
What to Serve With Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Soup
This soup is hearty enough to be served on it’s own!
However, crusty bread is always great accompaniment with any soup. It’s perfect for soaking up those last few bites of broth so every drop of soup is eaten!
Here are a couple of other ideas on what you could serve alongside this chicken & corn soup.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Garden Salad
- Or…how about serving your soup in a bread bowl?! So yummy!
Shop Our Home
Links to products featured in this post can be found in our “Shop Our Home” page. I hope this page makes shopping our home a little easier for you! I earn a small commission when you make a purchase from one of our LTK links. Your support helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!
I look forward to sharing more of my home with you and inspiring you to have a well loved home! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LIKEtoKNOW.it.
Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Soup
- 1 6 quart Slow Cooker
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts boneless
- 3 strips Bacon cooked crispy
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 3 whole Carrots peeled & diced
- 1 clove Garlic grated
- 3 whole Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes diced
- 1 whole Leek sliced
- Handful of Chives chopped
- Handful of Parsley chopped
- 2 14.75 oz. cans Creamed corn
- 1 17 oz. can Green chilies diced
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- Dash Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 cups Half & Half
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Then add peeled & diced carrots, thinly sliced leeks, potatoes cut into about 1" sized pieces (I left the skin on), and the minced garlic.
- Drain the can of green chilies, and add the drained chilies to the slow cooker along with the 2 cans of creamed corn.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. Throw in the bay leaves, then cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours (until the chicken is fully cooked).
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken with two forks (either in the soup or remove to shred and add back to slower cooker).
- Add the half & half, cooked bacon, parsley, chives, and salt & pepper (to taste) to the soup. Cook on low for another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Thank you Jen! It is so good, we gobbled it up for dinner last night!
Umm….yes please. Soup is my love language during the chilly fall and winter months and this looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it!