Christmas popcorn is a simple, delicious treat made with popcorn, cake mix, white chocolate, sprinkles, and candy. A perfect treat for family movie night.
Merry Christmas…in July! You must be thinking I’ve gone off the deep end sharing a Christmas themed blog post in July. A month smack dab in the middle of summer, not winter. And, you very well may be right. But before you pass judgement, have you heard of Christmas in July?!
If not, Christmas in July is simply an opportunity to embrace that cozy holiday feeling, without all the holiday stressors that come along with Christmas in December.
To celebrate Christmas in July I decided to turn down the a/c, throw on my favorite pair of flannel pajamas, grab a cozy blanket to cuddle on the couch, turn on a Hallmark Christmas movie, and gorge on Christmas popcorn! You can see me in action in my “How to Celebrate Christmas in July” reel found on Instagram.
This Christmas popcorn is perfect for a family movie night on the couch now or during the holidays.
Christmas popcorn is an easy no-bake snack that the kiddos can easily help with and tastes just like a Christmas sugar cookie. Everyone will love the sweet and salty blend of popcorn coated in vanilla cake mix, with the smooth drizzle of white chocolate, along with the crunchiness of the candy & sprinkles mixed in.
Ingredients for Christmas Popcorn With White Chocolate & SprinklesJump to Recipe
- Popped popcorn
- White cake mix powder
- White chocolate, melted
- Christmas sprinkles
- Chocolate candies
How to Make Christmas Popcorn
In a very large mixing bowl, stir popcorn & cake mix together until well combined.
Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 25 second intervals until melted and smooth (stirring between each one). Pour melted chocolate into popcorn bowl, reserving a small amount for topping.
Add sprinkles and chocolate candies to popcorn bowl and mix until well combined.
Spread popcorn mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the popcorn and top with additional sprinkles. Let stand for 30-45 minutes. Eat immediately or store in airtight containers.
Christmas Popcorn Tips & Tricks
Instead of popping your own popcorn, use bagged kettle corn popcorn to save time!
Use any red, green, or white chocolate candies. I used milk chocolate M&M’s in this mixture, however mint M&M’s or Sixlets would be delicious as well.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper to avoid the chocolate from sticking to the sheet. This also helps cleanup go a lot faster!
Other Christmas Popcorn Ideas
This Christmas popcorn is simple to make with the flavors of a sugar cookie. Feel free to change up this recipe by substituting or mixing in other ingredients!
- Create a mint flavored Christmas popcorn with the addition of crushed candy canes. Wouldn’t that be delicious with a cup of hot cocoa?!
- Mix in your favorite nuts to add crunch to the popcorn mixture.
- Add red or green food coloring to your white chocolate for a little more Christmas color.
- Use milk or dark chocolate along with the white chocolate to create zebra popcorn.
How Long Will Christmas Popcorn Last?
Christmas popcorn is best served immediately. However, the popcorn mixture will last about 1-2 weeks if stored in an airtight container.
I served our popcorn in these cute movie night popcorn boxes to which I added a curling ribbon handle for a fun little twist.
If gifting your popcorn, these vintage inspired tins filled with popcorn would be adorable to gift to a loved one, or a plastic food storage container with popcorn stored inside could easily be mailed. You could also fill a Christmas mug with popcorn, wrap with cellophane, and add a bow for a last minute gift.
I hope this Christmas popcorn inspired you to try something new and to just maybe, maybe bring a little bit of the Christmas spirit to July!
View my google web story, Christmas in July Sugar Cookie Popcorn Recipe the Kids Will Love!
You Might Also Enjoy
If you enjoyed this blog post, here are a few more posts that you might be interested in!
- 10 Ways to Decorate for Christmas on a Budget
- Christmas Monster Cookies
- Hot Cocoa Station
- Coconut Oil Christmas Sugar Cookie Scrub
Shop My Favorite Products
Shop my favorite home decor & lifestyle products here, my LTK sources here, and my Amazon Storefront here. By making a purchase with one of my links, I earn a small commission which helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!
Sugar Cookie Christmas Popcorn
- 12 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup White Cake Mix powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Candies
- 1/2 cup Christmas Sprinkles
- In a very large mixing bowl, stir popcorn and cake mix together until well combined.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 25 second intervals until melted and smooth (stirring between each one). Pour melted chocolate into popcorn bowl, reserving a small amount for topping.
- Add sprinkles and chocolate candies to popcorn bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the popcorn and top with additional sprinkles. Let stand for 30-45 minutes. Eat immediately or store in airtight containers.