Show mom how much you care & appreciate her with a beautiful Mother’s Day table setting for brunch. This gorgeous display filled with fresh oranges and pops of blue & white will leave mom feeling appreciated & cherished this Mother’s Day.
As Mother’s Day approaches, many of us are searching for the perfect way to show our appreciation for the amazing women in our lives. This year, why not create a beautiful tablescape at home that is both visually stunning and filled with love?
Using fresh oranges and pops of blue, you can create a fresh & vibrant Mother’s Day table setting that will leave your mother feeling loved & appreciated.
Simple is key when it comes to creating tablescapes in my opinion, and this orange & blue table setting is no exception. With just a few supplies (you most likely already have on hand), you can create a Mother’s Day table setting mom will remember for years to come.
So, instead of heading to brunch at a local restaurant for Mother’s Day this year, stay home. Treat mom to a delicious home cooked meal at a beautifully set table. You’ll create memories & feelings around a table at home that will last much longer.
A Mother’s Day table setting with fresh oranges & pops of blue is such a beautiful & easy way to show mom just how much you care.
Tips & Tricks to Creating a Simple & Beautiful Mother’s Day Table Setting
- Keep it Simple: Remember, less is often more. You don’t need to go overboard with decorations to create a beautiful Mother’s Day or spring tablescape. Sometimes, a few carefully chosen items are all it takes to make a statement. Focus on the details, and let the beauty of your display shine through.
- Choose a Color Scheme: A color scheme is an excellent starting point for your tablescape. For this Mother’s Day table setting I knew I wanted to incorporate oranges, blues, & whites which made putting the entire tablescape together much easier.
- Play with Textures: Textures are a fantastic way to add interest and depth to your tablescape. Consider using different fabrics for your napkins and tablecloths. You can also add texture by incorporating different materials like wood, glass, or metal into your display.
- Mix and Match: Don’t be afraid to mix and match your plates, glasses, and utensils. Combining different styles and patterns can add a unique touch to your tablescape. You can also experiment with different plate sizes and shapes for a more visually interesting display.
- Use Fresh Flowers & Fresh Fruit: Fresh flowers & fruit are a beautiful addition to any tablescape. You can use them as a centerpiece, place them right on the plate at each place setting, or a combination of both.
How To Create an Orange & Blue Mother’s Day Table Setting
The first step in creating a Mother’s Day tablescape is choosing the right linens for the table. Decide whether you’re using a tablecloth, table runner, or both.
For this table setting, I knew I wanted a blue & white tablecloth as the backdrop to the fresh oranges I would be placing down the center of the table. I found this blue & white striped tablecloth at Target and thought it would work well with it’s clean & crisp straight lines.
I love the look of tablecloths draping over the sides of a table, so I always purchase tablecloths that are larger than the size of our table. You can see the tablecloth I used was long enough that it draped over the sides of the table, which feels so much cozier when creating a tablescape to me!
With the striped tablecloth and vibrancy of the oranges, I chose plain white napkins with a lace edge for this Mother’s Day table setting. I liked the simplicity of these all white napkins, but I also loved the delicate lace edge of the napkins which helped to soften the look of this entire table setting.
The napkins were tied in a knot and placed at each place setting.
Pro Tip: Iron all table linens before placing on the table. This includes the tablecloth, table runner, and napkins. Ironed linens will help to create a tablescape that looks fresh, clean, and crisp.
Shop Table Linens
- Hearth & Hand Engineered Stripe Tablecloth
- Amazon Lace Edge Napkins
- Threshold Blue Cotton Floral Tablecloth
- Pottery Barn Chambray Cotton/Linen Tablecloth
- Pottery Barn Blue Block Print Tablecloth
- Anthropologie Blue Tuscan Stripe Tablecloth
- Anthropologie Blue Rick-Rack Tablecloth
- Williams Sonoma Diamond Lace Napkins
- Pottery Barn Eyelet Cotton Napkins
- Pottery Barn Lace Trim Napkins
Once the tablecloth was on the table, the next step in creating a Mother’s Day table setting is the centerpiece.
For the floral centerpiece, I wanted to keep it very simple well because…the oranges are the star of the show! So for the flower arrangement, I used this glass vase and simply added white & blue hydrangeas, and sprinkled in a few white peony tulips.
Hydrangeas are a wonderful flower to create arrangements with. Their big blooms make it easy to fill up a vase with only a few stems, (which also means you will spend less on flowers…less is more!).
For tips on how to create a hydrangea centerpiece and how to get those blooms to last longer, check out this blog post.
Shop Glass Vases
- Threshold Large Glass Vase
- Threshold Small Glass Vase
- Anthropologie Scalloped Glass Vase
- Anthropologie Fluted Glass Vase
- Pottery Barn Color Block Mason Jar Vase
- Pottery Barn Recycled Mason Jar Vase
- Pottery Barn Recycled Mason Jar Vase With Bee Stamp
- Pottery Barn Handcrafted Glass Vase
Mother’s Day Table Setting With Fresh Oranges
Fresh oranges are the star of this spring tablescape! I just love the bright, vibrant colors the fresh citrus added to the table.
After placing the floral centerpiece in the center of the Mother’s Day table setting, I then began adding the fresh citrus on either side of the arrangement going down the table in a semi straight line (remember imperfection is perfection).
I began by placing the larger citrus fruit down the center of the table first and then continued on to the smaller fruit. I layered grapefruit, then navel oranges, then mandarin oranges, and finally gooseberries.
Gooseberries are not a citrus fruit but I could not resist adding them to the table! They look so cute and just like miniature oranges.
Pro Tip: To help create depth & visual interest to the table, slice some of the fruit in half and layer the sliced fruit among the whole citrus fruit.
Adding the citrus fruit to the table is the fun part! This is where you can let your creativity run and create a centerpiece down the middle of the table that is organic & free flowing. Just keep moving & adjusting the citrus fruit until you achieve the look you desire!
The final step in creating your Mother’s Day table setting is the tableware.
Since the theme of this table is fresh oranges with pops of blue & white, I wanted to keep the tableware simple & neutral.
The plates I chose to use in this Mother’s Day tablescape were dishes we received at our wedding almost 20 years ago. I love using these dishes because they have special meaning to us. If you have dishes that have sentimental value to you or that you may have received from your mother or grandmother those would be a great addition to your table.
I used these gold utensils at the table for a little pop of color & texture against the blue & white tablecloth.
These juice glasses were an inexpensive find from Target. I loved the ribbed detail and I thought they added charm & character to the entire look of the table.
Pro Tip: Mix & match tableware for a unique touch to your Mother’s Day table setting. You can also experiment with different plate sizes and shapes for a more visually interesting display.
- Threshold Champagne Gold Silverware Set
- Threshold Ribbed Double Old-Fashioned Glasses
- Hearth & Hand Double Banded Drinking Glasses
- Target Tumbler Set
- Anthropologie Bombay Juice Glasses
- Pottery Barn Scalloped Plates
- Pottery Barn Pearl Stoneware Plates
- Pottery Barn Beaded Stoneware Plates
- Anthropologie Eyelet Plates
- Williams Sonoma Traditional Porcelain Plates
We can’t forget the best part of any brunch…the food! I’ll be sharing a delicious orange brunch recipe soon that would be excellent served on this Mother’s Day table setting.
Here are a few other brunch recipe ideas that mom will love:
Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day That Mom Will Love
- Gift Basket for Mom
- Anthropologie Mother’s Day Gifts
- Mother’s Day Gifts from Target
- Gift Giving Ideas for Mother’s Day
Shop Our Home
Links to products featured in this post can be found in our Shop Our Home page. I hope this page makes shopping our home a little easier for you! I earn a small commission when you make a purchase from one of our LTK & Amazon Storefront links. Your support helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!