Summer Decor With Rifle Paper Co.
Bring some whimsy into your kitchen with summer decor featuring floral patterns and vibrant strawberry motifs from the Strawberry Fields collection at Rifle Paper Co.
It’s hard to imagine but within a few short weeks June will be here and the unofficial start of summer.
I am in no way rushing the month of May, however I’ve begun to add the first touches of summer decor to our home with a few pieces from the Strawberry Fields collection from Rifle Paper Co.
This collection features beautiful, whimsical floral patterns along with vibrant strawberry motifs that is the perfect way to bring a little cheer into summer decor this year. The Strawberry Fields collection includes everything from pens & notebooks, to pillow covers & vases, along with so much more. No matter your budget or style, you’ll be sure to find something in this collection to add that summertime cheer to your home.
I was inspired to create a simple vignette on our kitchen island with pieces from this collection, however most of these pieces would look beautiful in any room.
Personally, I’m excited to eventually style the Strawberry Fields vase on the desk in my office (if that room is ever completed!).
Let me show you how I created a simple kitchen vignette with summer decor from Rifle Paper Co., and then I’ll share links to shop my favorite pieces from the Strawberry Fields collection.
What is a vignette?
You may be asking yourself, what is Heidi talking about when she says “vignette”?!
A vignette is basically a small grouping of decorative objects, which can make a beautiful, personal statement in a room. The items you use or style in a vignette are typically chosen for their aesthetic appeal and are arranged in a way that is visually pleasing.
A vignette can include a variety of decorative objects such as flowers, candles, books, and other decorative accessories grouped together on a runner, bread board, tray, or other base/anchor piece. Vignettes are a great way to add color and personality to a space, making it feel more unique, inviting, and homey.
Summer Decor With Rifle Paper Co. in a Kitchen Island Vignette
Creating a vignette with summer decor on a kitchen island is so simple it’s almost silly!
To start, I placed the round Strawberry Fields serving tray on the counter as the base or anchor for the vignette. This tray is extremely lightweight and is not only ideal for a vignette but it’s going to be perfect for bringing drinks or snacks out to the pool this summer.
Next, I added about 4 cherry blossom branches to the porcelain vase. I love how the branches look messy & wild flowing out of the vase! Once the vase is full of blooms, I then placed the vase on the round tray.
Finally, I placed a candle on the round tray for ambiance and delicious aromas. I selected the Champs de France soy candle and the scent is intoxicating and perfect for this kitchen vignette.
That’s it…that is all I did to create a simple vignette with summer decor from Rifle Paper Co.! It’s fresh, inviting, and now we are ready for all things summer here at ERH.
Oh and when you’re finished creating your summer vignette…grab yourself a strawberry shortcake cupcake and this porcelain mug for a cup of tea. You deserve a sweet treat after your hard work!
Thing to Remember When Creating a Vignette With Summer Decor
- Start With a Tray: A tray is a great way to create a base, corral your summer decor items, and keep them organized.
- Incorporate Fresh Flowers or Greenery: Fresh flowers or greenery are a must have for any summer decor vignette. This will add a touch of natural beauty to your vignette and bring the freshness of summer indoors.
- Add Height: Adding height to a vignette can transform a bland and basic setup into a visually stunning display that catches the eye. By incorporating elements like tall vases you can create a dynamic composition that adds depth and interest to your space. Elevating your vignette with height will draw the eye upward. Which will make your kitchen island a focal point that’s both stylish and functional.
- Use Summer Decor Items: To really capture the spirit of summer, incorporate summer themed decor items into your vignette. Like a summer scented candle or a Strawberry Fields dish towel printed with vibrant flowers & strawberries.
- Decorate With Odd Numbers: Odd numbers are scientifically proven to be more visually appealing. They create a sense of balance and harmony. By grouping items in sets of three or five, you can create a cohesive and eye catching display that adds interest and texture to your space.
- Finish with a Pop of Color: Finish off your summer vignette with a pop of color. This could be a brightly colored fruit bowl, a colorful vase, or even some vibrant napkins. The key is to choose something that adds a bit of fun and playfulness to your vignette and really captures the cheeriness of summer.
You can see me styling this summer decor vignette in this reel on Instagram!
View my google web story, Cheery Summer Kitchen Vignette.
Shop My Favorite Rifle Paper Co. Strawberry Fields Pieces
Simply click the links below to shop the individual items I have in our home, or shop the entire Strawberry Fields collection here.
Rifle Paper Co. Strawberry Fields Collection
More Summer Decor Ideas
Looking for more summer decor ideas? You may enjoy these other summer decor ideas on the blog:
- Creative Ideas to Decorate With Baskets
- Cozy Updates to Transition Your Home from Spring to Summer
- Simple Summer Patriotic Decor
- Summer Home Tour
Shop Our Home
Links to products featured in this post can be found in our Shop Our Home page. I hope this page makes shopping our home a little easier for you! I earn a small commission when you make a purchase from one of our LTK & Amazon Storefront links. Your support helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!
I look forward to sharing more of my home with you and inspiring you to have a well loved home! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LIKEtoKNOW.it.
Thank you Renae!
Such a pretty vignette. I love the Strawberry fields collection. Just gorgeous.