Welcome the beauty of fall with this DIY pumpkin wreath that combines rustic eucalyptus, charming pumpkins, and pinecones into a stunning wreath that will add elegance and coziness to your home & fall decor.
There is something undeniably charming about a beautiful wreath adorning your front door. It’s like a friendly embrace, an invitation that says, “You’re home.”
And what’s even better, wreaths offer us an artistic way to align our living spaces with the seasons. As the world outside undergoes its seasonal transformation, it’s the perfect opportunity to mirror that beauty within our own homes.
For this blog post, I’m sharing an easy and affordable way to update your front door for fall using an old wreath and a few supplies from the craft store.
I took a wreath I’ve had for years and gave it a little update…a seasonal twist. With a handful of assorted pumpkins and a few pinecones, you too can easily transform an old wreath into something new that radiates the feeling of autumn.
No matter your crafting experience, this gorgeous wreath promises to fill your home with the fall season while adding a touch of your own creative flair.
An Affordable & Sustainable Fall Pumpkin Wreath
What’s even more satisfying than crafting a beautiful seasonal decor piece? Doing it affordably and sustainably.
The best part about this beautiful pumpkin wreath is that it challenges you to tap into your creativity while making the most of what you already have.
Hey friend! What can I help you find?
Search our entire site!
Do you have an old or outdated wreath you haven’t hung in years? Perfect!
This project is all about breathing new life into forgotten pieces. By repurposing that old wreath, you’re not only saving money but also contributing to a more sustainable way of living.
With just a handful of additional supplies from the craft store and some natural elements, you’ll bring autumn’s beauty right to your doorstep in no time.
Materials You’ll Need for This DIY Happy Fall Wreath
Gather these materials for this rustic and charming fall wreath.
- Faux Eucalyptus Wreath: This can either be a store-bought wreath or one you previously crafted.
- 6 Small Faux White Pumpkins
- 3 Small Faux Green Pumpkins
- 2 Small Faux Orange Pumpkins
- 8 Small to Medium Sized Pinecones: These can be collected from nature or purchased at a craft store.
- Floral Wire or Hot Glue Gun
- Scissors or Wire Cutters
- Ribbon (optional)
SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED
DIY Pumpkin Wreath Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Prepare the Materials
Lay out all your materials on a flat, well lit workspace.
If your pumpkins have wire sticks (like mine did), cut those off with wire cutters and discard.
Note: If you have bags of pumpkins from previous years in colors you no longer love, spray paint them to match your current fall decor theme.
Step 2: Attach the Pumpkins & Pinecones
With your pumpkins ready, it’s time to attach them to the eucalyptus wreath.
Using a hot glue gun, carefully secure the pumpkins and pinecones with a dab of hot glue at various intervals around the wreath.
Be sure to distribute them evenly for a balanced look.
Step 3: Add a Hook to the Back
If your wreath does not have a loop or hook on the back of the wreath for hanging, attach a loop of floral wire or piece of ribbon to the backside of the wreath.
This will allow you to easily hang your DIY fall wreath on your front door, above your mantel, or wherever you choose to display it.
Step 4: Hang Your Wreath
Now that your pumpkin and eucalyptus wreath is complete, it’s time to find the perfect spot to hang it!
- Choose an old wreath that’s still in good shape. The existing structure will provide a solid foundation for your decorations.
- Use spray paint to coat the pumpkins in a variety of colors that match your fall decor theme. Classic orange, muted white, deep burgundy, or even gold spray paint are all great color options.
- Before attaching any elements, experiment with their placement on the wreath for your desired look. This is the perfect way to help you visualize the final design and make adjustments as needed.
- Use floral wire or a hot glue gun to attach pumpkins and pinecones securely to the wreath. Ensure that they’re tightly fastened, especially if you plan to hang the wreath outdoors.
- Consider adding additional elements like small acorns, faux florals, or even a seasonal banner to personalize your wreath further.
- Crafting takes time, so don’t rush the process. Enjoy each step, and take breaks as needed to maintain your focus and enthusiasm.
- Don’t be afraid to try different arrangements and variations. Crafting is all about using your creativity, so let your imagination run wild!
Where can I hang my DIY pumpkin wreath?
The exciting part of making your own wreath is deciding where to showcase it.
While this adorable DIY pumpkin wreath looks beautiful on a front door, here are some other locations inside your home to consider hanging your wreath:
- Mantel or Fireplace: If you have a mantel or fireplace, your wreath can become the focal point of your indoor home decor.
- Interior Walls: Choose a blank wall in your living room, dining room, or hallway to display your wreath as an artful centerpiece.
- Kitchen or Dining Area: Hanging your wreath near your dining table or in the kitchen can infuse these spaces with a cozy, autumnal ambiance that’s ideal for family gatherings.
- Porch or Patio: If you have a covered front porch or patio, hanging your wreath here continues the warm welcome outdoors.
Ultimately, the perfect spot for your wreath depends on your personal style and the flow of your home. Experiment with a few different locations to see where it fits best and brings you the most joy.
Fall Wreath Ideas
If you don’t have time to DIY your own wreath, don’t worry! You can still infuse your home with the spirit of fall.
There are a variety of ready-made fall wreaths available for purchase, offering effortless elegance and seasonal charm.
Shop My Favorite Fall Wreaths
More Fall DIY Projects
Looking for more fall DIY crafts to enjoy this season? Here’s a few ideas on the blog that you might also enjoy.
Fall DIY Posts
Shop My Favorite Products
Shop my favorite home decor & lifestyle products here, my LTK sources here, and my Amazon Storefront here. By making a purchase with one of my links, I earn a small commission which helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!