Satisfy your craving for pumpkin this fall with these 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins. All you need is a can of pumpkin puree, box of cake mix, and water to make the most delicious pumpkin muffins you will ever taste.
Today is the first day of fall (how is that even possible?) and that means it is officially pumpkin season! To welcome the start of fall, and pumpkin season, I thought I would share with you my super easy 3 ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe.
I’ve been making these pumpkin muffins each fall for our family for years. My family loves the warm pumpkin flavor, and I love that they are beyond easy to make (almost too easy!). These pumpkin muffins are perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even dessert after dinner.
If you love to provide your family yummy, home baked goods as much as I do, but have limited time, this 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins recipe is for you!
What You Will Need for 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Water
Ingredient Note: Be sure to use pumpkin puree for this recipe, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has added sugar, spices, and water which will not work for this recipe.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
To start, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add muffin liners to a muffin pan or spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. I like to bake muffins with these tulip muffin liners. I think they look so pretty and elegant!
Put the muffin pan off to the side.
In a mixing bowl, combine box of yellow cake mix, can of pumpkin puree, and cup of water. Mix ingredients together until well incorporated.
Scoop about 2-3 tablespoons of muffin batter into each muffin cup (this recipe should yield 12 regular sized muffins).
Bake muffins in oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Immediately remove muffins from pan and place on a cooling rack. And, this might be the hardest part of this whole muffin making process…allow muffins to cool slightly before eating!
How to Store 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
Our family gobbles up these muffins well before we have to store them. That is how incredibly tasty they are!
However, if you have leftovers and need to store your muffins, be sure they are cooled completely before storing. Muffins will become soggy if placed in a container warm.
Line an airtight container with paper towels, place the muffins on top, place additional paper towels on top of the muffins, then tightly seal container. The paper towels will soak up any moisture from the muffins, allowing the muffins to stay dry and last longer.
Other 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins Ideas
Here are a few ideas on how you could easily change up this recipe to make it your own!
- Chocolate makes everything better! Try adding in a handful of chocolate chips to the muffin batter.
- Use apple juice in place of water for apple-pumpkin muffins.
- Smear a cream cheese frosting to top of the muffins. Pumpkin & cream cheese are a match made in heaven!
- Add a little spice to your muffins by using spice cake mix instead of yellow.
- For a little crunch, add a few crumbles of brown sugar to the tops of the muffins before baking.
- Instead of making muffins, add this to a loaf pan for pumpkin bread!
Let me know if you make these muffins and if your family loves them as much as ours does!
Shop Our Home
Links to products featured in this post can be found in our “Shop Our Home” page. I hope this page makes shopping our home a little easier for you! I earn a small commission when you make a purchase from one of our LTK links. Your support helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!
3 Ingredient Pumpkin MuffinsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Satisfy your craving for pumpkin this fall with these 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins.
15.25 oz. box Yellow Cake Mix
15 oz. can Pumpkin Puree
1 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add muffin liners to a muffin pan or spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Put the muffin pan off to the side.
- In a mixing bowl, combine box of yellow cake mix, can of pumpkin puree, and cup of water. Mix ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Scoop about 2-3 tablespoons of muffin batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake muffins in oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Immediately remove muffins from pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before eating.
- This recipe should yield 12 regular sized muffins.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree for this recipe, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has added sugar, spices, and water which will not work for this recipe.