Mummy rice krispie treats are the cutest, tastiest, and spookiest treat for Halloween that both kids and adults will love!
Many of you know I am not the biggest fan of Halloween. In fact, ever since I was a child I’ve preferred skipping the holiday altogether and heading straight to Thanksgiving. However, I do love a good Halloween treat! I could not let the season go by without sharing these tasty & adorable mummy rice krispie treats.
If you’re like me and love homemade Halloween treats but don’t have a lot of extra time, these mummy rice krispie treats are for you! This recipe includes only five ingredients and takes less than a half hour to prepare. Perfect for moms with a busy schedule…actually I think that might be all moms?!
These treats begin with the classic rice krispie treat recipe, then are drizzled with white chocolate, and topped with mini chocolate chip morsels for the cutest eyeballs.
These are so easy to make, even the kiddos can help!
They make the perfect treats for Halloween parties, school parties, kids parties (adult parties too!), and even an after school snack. William loved that had these ready for him one day after school!
So before Halloween is over & we have moved onto Thanksgiving, give this spooky mummy rice krispie treat recipe a try. I triple, Halloween dare you to eat just one!
Happy Halloween from our home to yours!!!
Shop Our Home
Links to products featured in this post can be found in our “Shop Our Home” page. I hope this page makes shopping our home a little easier for you! I earn a small commission when you make a purchase from one of our LTK links. Your support helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!
Mummy Rice Krispie TreatsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These treats begin with the classic rice krispie treat recipe, then are drizzled with white chocolate, and topped with mini chocolate chip morsels for eyes. So easy, the kiddos can help make these too!
4 cups mini marshmallows
2 tablespoons salted butter
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
10 oz. bag white chocolate baking morsels
16 mini chocolate chips
- Line a 9″x13″ baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the long edged sides of 1-2″.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispies cereal to marshmallow mixture, stirring until well coated.
- Add mixture to parchment lined baking dish. Press down firmly to compact the mixture into pan with a spatula or wax paper.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes or until marshmallow has firmed up.
- Remove rice krispies from pan using the parchment sling. Using a sharp knife, cut into rectangular pieces (I cut about 10 even pieces). Place rice krispie rectangles on a cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet (this will help to catch the chocolate drizzle).
- Using the double boiler method, melt white chocolate over low heat until mostly melted. Stir until all lumps are dissolved.
- With a spoon, drizzle the melted white chocolate back and forth over the rice krispie treats. Add the mini chocolate chip eyes as you go.
- Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set. Enjoy!!!
- Unsalted butter can be used in place of salted.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract can be added to melted marshmallow mixture for added depth of flavor.
- The white chocolate can be melted in the microwave. Microwave chocolate for short bursts (about 20 seconds) to prevent the chocolate from seizing.
- A piping bag or plastic bag can be used to drizzle the white chocolate over the treats.
- Store treats in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator.