The ultimate roundup of 100+ of the best simple country Christmas decor ideas! Uncover the secrets to creating a cozy, inviting atmosphere in your home with these easy & affordable ideas you’ll love for the holidays.
With the holiday season now in full swing, some of my favorite blogging friends and I thought it might be fun to come together and share our favorite holiday decorating ideas with you!
We’ve compiled over 100 simple, affordable, and beautiful Christmas decor ideas to inspire your creativity and fill your home with warmth for the most wonderful time of the year.
From budget-friendly ideas to vintage inspired homemade decorations along with a few tips & tricks sprinkled in, you’ll find tons of inspiration in this blog post.
So, grab a cup of hot cocoa, put on your favorite Christmas music, and let the decorating festivities begin!
The Basics of Country Christmas Decor
When it comes to creating a warm, cozy home with country charm for the holidays there are a few basic elements that can help you achieve the country look.
- Natural Elements: Integrating pine cones, red berries, twigs, and fresh greenery is a great way to add a rustic feel to your holiday decor.
- Earthy Color Palette: Create a natural and inviting ambiance with warm, earthy color palettes featuring tones like deep greens, rich reds, and warm browns.
- DIY Christmas Crafts: Personalize your space with DIY Christmas wreaths, ornaments, and other DIY projects.
- Warm Lighting: Create a magical ambiance with the soft glow of twinkling Christmas lights and candles that evoke the charm of a country Christmas evening.
- Vintage Decor: Bring on the nostalgia by incorporating antique pieces into your Christmas decorations.
With these rustic decorations, you can set the stage for a country home that captures holiday cheer and invites everyone to share in the joy of the Christmas season.
Visit our Eleanor Rose Home for Holidays page for this year’s gift & shopping guides, holiday decor & DIY inspiration, and comforting Christmas recipes!
The Best Farmhouse Christmas Décor Ideas
Now, let’s get ready to dive into over 100 of the best country Christmas decorations from around the internet.
You’ll also find a few tips & tricks to make your holiday decorating this season easy, affordable, and the best yet!
Cheap & Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas on a Budget
In this blog post, I shared cheap and easy ways to create a cozy Christmas in your home for the holidays.
It’s true that you can transform your home into a winter wonderland without breaking the bank just by reusing & repurposing Christmas decor you already have, utilizing everyday decor, creating personalized decor with easy DIY projects, and so much more.
- Add depth, character, and a story only your home can tell by adding timeless vintage or antique Christmas finds to your farmhouse Christmas decorations. Search for unique treasures in a thrift store, flea markets, or family attics to discover ornaments, figurines, and decorations with a rich history. The key is to mix these nostalgic pieces seamlessly with your new or existing decor.
Vintage Decor to Holiday Decorations
Jill of Bungalow47 shares how you can incorporate all of your favorite vintage collections into your Christmas decor in a snap so you can and sit back and enjoy the season.
Vintage Inspired Handmade Christmas Decorations
Step back in time with Elizabeth of The Country Peony with these vintage style handmade Christmas decorations.
From paper chain garlands and vintage inspired ornament wreaths, find tutorials that are sure to inspire you to bring some handmade charm to your home this Christmas!
- Welcome the beauty of a budget-friendly and nature inspired Christmas by adding natural materials from the outdoors into your decor. Forage for pine cones, branches, and festive greenery in your backyard or local park. These natural elements won’t cost you a thing and can be transformed into stunning wreaths, garlands, and table centerpieces with just a bit of creativity & imagination.
Homemade DIY Christmas Ornaments
Add a personal touch to your country Christmas decor with the whimsical charm of homemade ornaments.
Hey friend! What can I help you find?
Search our entire site!
Crafted with love, these unique adornments bring warmth and nostalgia to your Christmas tree decorations.
Gingerbread salt dough ornaments are a great way to country charm to your home while infusing the air with the sweet scent of cinnamon.
These simple ornaments made with bottle brush trees are easy to make and resemble vintage ornaments from long ago.
Handmade ornaments not only contribute to the overall charm of a country Christmas but also create lasting memories that you’ll cherish for years to come.
Deck the Halls for Less With These Budget Christmas Decorating Ideas
Deck the halls with these Christmas decorating ideas from Rachel of The Ponds Farmhouse.
You’ll find affordable gift wrap ideas, tablescapes, tree decorations, and more to give your home a high-end look for less this holiday season.
Shop Budget-Friendly Country Christmas Home Decor
Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas for Any Budget
If you’re feeling the pinch of the holiday season or need ideas on how to cut costs while still making your home feel cozy and festive, these ideas from Jen of Noting Grace can help you.
Find 25 easy Christmas decorating ideas that fit any budget.
budget-friendly decorating Tips
- Embrace a minimalist approach. Sometimes, less is more. A few well placed decorations with purposeful placement can create a sophisticated and budget-friendly festive look.
- Arrange ornament or decoration swaps with friends or family. This way, you can refresh your decor without spending money, and everyone gets a chance to showcase items in a new way.
- Explore online resources for free printable holiday decor. From wall art to gift tags, there are numerous options available that allow you to decorate your space without spending a dime. Become an ERH insider to gain access to our free Christmas printables vault!
- Concentrate your decorating efforts on key focal points like the mantel or the dining table. This way, you can make a significant impact with fewer decorations.
Christmas Decor Ideas That Will Bring Comfort & Joy to Your Home
Kim of Shiplap & Shells shares a collection of her favorite Christmas decor ideas that won’t leave you feeling overwhelmed.
From the cottage decor style and charming vintage finds to gift wrapping and tablescape inspiration; you’ll find it’s easy than you think to bring comfort and joy to your home this season.
Download Your Free Homemade Christmas Gifts eBook
Homemade Christmas Potpourri
No cozy country Christmas home is complete without the inviting scents that evoke the warmth of the season.
Homemade potpourri is a delightful and budget-friendly way to infuse your home with the comforting scents of Christmas.
Simmer these fragrant elements on the stove, place them in decorative bowls throughout your home, or give as gifts. It’s the perfect finishing touch for holiday decor that engages all the senses.
Creative & Easy Christmas Ideas to Try This Year
Transform your holiday season with these creative and effortless Christmas ideas from Kelly of The Tattered Pew.
In her blog post, you’ll find an array of festive suggestions to infuse your celebrations with joy and a touch of DIY magic.
Whether you’re decorating, crafting, or indulging in delicious holiday treats, these ideas promise to make this Christmas season memorable and uniquely yours.
- Turn your wrapped gifts into budget-friendly Christmas decor. Instead of hiding them away until their ready to be given, display them under the Christmas tree. Coordinate the wrapping paper and ribbons with your overall color scheme to ensure a cohesive look. Not only does this add a touch of holiday magic to your space, but it also serves as a practical and stylish way to incorporate your gifts into your seasonal decor.
These Are a Few of my Favorite Christmas Ideas
Bring the beauty of rustic Christmas decorations into your home this holiday season with these ideas from Renae of Peacock Ridge Farm.
Make memories that will last a lifetime with beautiful tablescape ideas for your dining room table, gift wrapping, and delicious homemade recipes your family will enjoy this Christmas season.
- Transform everyday items into charming country Christmas decor. Repurposing common household items not only adds a touch of authenticity to your decor but also keeps your budget in check. Try filling mason jars with fairy string lights to create cozy DIY lanterns or use a vintage crock as rustic vases for fresh or faux greenery. Blankets and scarves are a wonderful way to create makeshift tree skirts and old wooden crates can serve as display platforms. Always remember to think outside the box. Just because something is used one way doesn’t mean it can’t be used in another way too.
Best Rustic Christmas Decorations on a Budget
Add rustic charm to your Christmas decorations this year with these rustic décor ideas from Amy of Amy Sadler Designs.
Check out some of the best rustic accents you can use to embellish your home for the holidays, today.
Country Living Christmas Treasures
Let the holiday magic begin with these must have treasures from Lisa of Oak & Linen Home!
Embrace the season with nativity sets, wreaths for the your front door, music boxes, festive tableware, and stockings for extra joy at Christmas time.
you might also
Enjoy These Posts
Shop My Favorite Products
Shop my favorite home decor & lifestyle products, my LTK sources, and my Amazon Storefront. By making a purchase with one of my affiliate links, I earn a small commission which helps me continue to create meaningful content for you!